Not only do our diets affect our oral health, but so does how often we clean our teeth! Thus, we need to schedule regular teeth cleanings with your dentist to remove bacteria, plaque, and tartar that can aggregate over time and lead to dental issues. A clean mouth not only looks great, but it also feels great.
A teeth cleaning is a routine dental treatment everyone should regularly get to maintain excellent dental health. This treatment is done to improve and maintain dental hygiene. Besides preventing certain oral health issues, teeth cleanings are also essential to maintaining good overall physical health, not just oral health. Good dental hygiene is an essential aspect of personal health.
Why Must You Get Them Regularly?
- A regular tooth cleaning can help prevent gum disease, which can cause bad breath, sensitive gums, and bleeding and receding gums if left untreated.
- Routine teeth cleanings can help to minimize bad breath. This is because the build-up of plaque and bacteria in the mouth is one of the main causes of bad breath. When you have your teeth cleaned regularly, this will help to remove plaque and bacteria and can give your mouth a fresher taste.
- Your dentist will also examine for and note any signs of oral cancer during regular teeth cleanings. Early detection is crucial for treating oral cancer effectively, so it’s important to stay up to date with your cleanings.
- Even if you visit your dentist regularly, good oral hygiene is still essential for maintaining good overall health. Brushing your teeth and flossing often can help to lower your risk of developing cardiovascular disease and diabetes. Taking care of your mouth is a crucial part of your whole body.
- Teeth cleaning helps improve your oral health and allows a professional to evaluate your mouth for any other problems, such as gum disease.
- Dental cleaning appointments are a good time to have your dentist check for any problems with your teeth or jaw (such as TMJ). This is because, during the cleaning, the dentist can get a good look at your mouth and see if there are any issues. If you have any concerns, the dentist will be able to help you solve them more effectively.
How Often Do You Get One from a Dentist?
We recommend that our patients come for professional teeth cleaning every six months. A full dental hygiene appointment is necessary approximately two times per year. If you come to the dentist for other needs at other times, a quick cleaning may be performed before the procedure or examination. Otherwise, an appointment every six months will help keep your mouth healthy!
Keep in mind that other dental offices may have different recommendations. However, it is generally recommended that people have their teeth cleaned by a dentist twice a year to remove plaque and tartar buildup, which can lead to tooth decay and gum disease. Additionally, teeth cleanings can also help to prevent bad breath. We at Sudbury Dental Arts stick to the standard of bi-annual teeth cleanings for optimum oral health!
Book Now at Sudbury Dental Arts
Schedule your appointment with a dentist from Maynard, MA, at Sudbury Dental Arts! Our clinic is family-focused, with services ranging from cosmetic, restorative, and general dentistry. Visit our website for more information!